CS02....

Subject: CS02....
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:22:55
Tony:
        I won't double the expense of relaying by addressing you in
addition to the net....
        Bob's answer is bang on. I picked up another neat hint from the
net:
        The reason this is so touchy is that one must produce four bearings
widely separated, which are all in the same plane - and which are
attached elsewhere (port/starboard joysticks) - and which are assembled
at different times, so setting one up early must be deadly accurate if
the oth4ers are to be "co-planar".
        On occasion, you can divine the clearance required beforehand in
thous. In order to centre two tubes (etc.) for concentric mounting, use
fishing line of equivalent size through the first id. to position the
inner od.
        The fishing line I found came in various strengths and thus
various thicknesses. It was relatively easy to position at either the
quadrantal points or at mutual 120deg to centre the inner tube once
having obtained several strengths and micrometer-ing them. This was
useful not only in the cockpit module controls but elsewhere as well.
        Try it, youll like it...
Ferg A064