Rotax 914 Starting Problem

Subject: Rotax 914 Starting Problem
From: William S. Stewart <bill@helixsys.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:14:04
Over the past couple of months my 914 has become increasingly hard to start
when it is cold.  It now takes about 30 seconds of cranking (at full choke)
before it decides to fire.  The problem seems to be lack of fuel, i.e. the
ignition seems to be okay.  After it finally fires it runs okay.

Glen Saunders of Rotax seemed to think it was clogged starting jets,
however these were examined and cleaned with no change in the problem.

The engine now has about 85 hours on it, and up until about two months ago
started immediately when cold (within one or two seconds).

I have done everything I can think of.  I have also heard of others that
have had this problem.  Does anyone out there have anything to contribute?

Bill Stewart, N6LB (A098)