Re: [gascolators and drains...]

Subject: Re: [gascolators and drains...]
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@home.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:14:14
Hi All

I am changing my views on the water in the fuel system....  I have flown for 40
years, 4000+ hours in a large variety of aircraft including Cessnas, Beechcraft,
Dehaviland, etc.  I started in an Aronca 7AC that had no drains and no
gascolator....  At no time have I ever drained more than a few ml of h20 on my
preflights unless the craft had set for months and months with partly filled
tanks!  I had planned to install the fuel drain mod but it seems dumb to put it
in
a mono that won't be trailered as the drains are not at the low point of the
tank.
So, will probably go with a gascolator only and place it low on the firewall
where
it will be easily reached if I can find room.

Tom Friedland  A 079