Re: Goods from the USA

Subject: Re: Goods from the USA
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@home.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 09:30:33
European Europaphiles

Another solution might be to ask a sympathetic builder from the Colonies (such
as
myself) to order and trans ship items to you.  I would not mind helping out if
not
too frequent.  There would be two shipping fees though.  From AS to here and
then
again across the pond so I don't know how much you would save.  (You might be
more
likely  to avoid VAT or customs fees as the items would look more like gifts...)

Tom Friedland A 079

John Cliff wrote:

> Alan,
>
>  I am not sure what currency your figures are working in. In general terms, I
> too have found when buying from Aircraft Spruce that the carrier charges are
> very high in comparison with the value of the goods for modest orders. It used
> to be much better when they ran a full UK office and imported ordered goods in
> bulk to it, redistibuting them in the UK - though it did introduce a delay
> because the shipments were something like monthly. I bought a rivet squeezer
> from Wicks earlier this year (their website is quite good for ordering from)
and