Re: Filter cleaning

Subject: Re: Filter cleaning
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:15:00
'Hose Pinchers' are available at Automotive Suppliers. They are a quick,
easy way to pinch-off vacum lines, fuel lines and other hoses. Prevents
leakage, and won't damage hoses due to the curved crimping. I brought  a
pair at Pep Boys for US$6. One can then shut off the fuel hose either
side of the filter and change filters quickly as access is from within
the cockpit.Fuel leakage is minimal. Plastic tray under the filter
prevents spillage onto aircraft.
For what it is worth.
Cheers,
Tim