Re: Filter cleaning

Subject: Re: Filter cleaning
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:53:13
If any one is interested I can supply small clamps  made especially for this
purpose. They are designed to be used on rubber fuel hose and will not cause
any damage to the hose.  I normally supply them with a fuel injection
cleaning kit that I manufacture.
Cost : GBP 4.00 plus postage each.

Jim

> "Clamp both lines to the filter with locking pliers."
>
> If, like me, anyone is concerned about the effectiveness of this method of
> stemming the fuel flow, the difficulty of access when the pliers are in
the
> way, and the likely damage to the fuel lines, you could fit fuel taps
> between the tanks and the filters. Suitable ones are available from
Skydrive