Re: Fuel layout again

Subject: Re: Fuel layout again
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 21:36:56
NTSB reports do seem to suggest also that fuel just spills more often
than it spills & ignites.  With the Europa, I have a theory that the
fuselage is more crash-survivable than many others, and further if the
people survive, so does the tank.  So the weak link is the plumbing,
and in an area where there's typically electric wiring.  Anybody have
some good engineering advice on the topic, rubber and/or alum?  We'll
all sign any liability waiver!

Regards,
Fred F., A063