Re: Fuel layout again

Subject: Re: Fuel layout again
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:03:28

Brian,

I think you were looking at my web site because I put my Andair gascolator
under the baggage bay.  This was the original location of the supplied fuel
filters so no extra hose was needed and the hose routing worked out well.
The fuel pump and gascolator are also right next to each other.  This also
places it at one of the lowest points in the fuel system.  Incidentallly,
today I went flying (gosh its fun!!!) and I pulled the bowl and cleaned it
out first.  Took about 3 or 4 minutes and found a little bit of debris in
the bowl.  Sure is nice to be able to do that so quickly.

Some reasons not to put it on the firewall would be;
1.  High Heat area (would need to be shielded, from heat)
2.  Way above the level of the tank when the plane is sitting still.
3.  Really hard to find a place to mount it!!

I addded the fuel tank drains also - just as an extra measure.  This leaves
three fuel drains in the belly all in the same general area - makes it nice
to drain them.  I don't know much about gascolators but the Andair unit sure
is nice quality.

I am no expert on fuel systems, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

By the way I have 30 hours on my plane now - I telling you guys that are
building it gets more fun every time I fly it.  It is just sweet!

Bob Jacobsen
A131