Re: Fuel layout again

Subject: Re: Fuel layout again
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@photos.prestel.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 10:58:54
On the classic Europa we have placed our gascolator on the bulkhead that the
fuel pump is mounted on (just behind the monowheel). It is tilted so that
the water drain valve points down through a hole in the bulkhead - a rubber
flap coivers the hole to prevent muck from the wheel when not in use. That
way  you can check the fuel in the gascolator from beneath the aircraft. Any
spillages go on the ground, not in the aircraft.

The gascolator can be mounted alongside the fuel pump which should be placed
as low as possible. Gascolator should be before the pump though some people
might disagree with this. Some gascolators have a takeoff at the top for a
fuel primer pump and it may be necessary to vent this to prevent an air lock
between the gascolator and pump.

Hope this helps.

Carl Pattinson
Kit 49