RE: Fuel layout again

Subject: RE: Fuel layout again
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:39:42
Hi! All.
Since G-PTAG was built to be convertible from Trike to Mono  I made a flange
and belly plate to cover the whole Mono wheel retraction area . Since I
reused the piece cut out as the plate the increase in weight would be
minimal . I can now sit on the floor with head up into the resultant hole in
comfort. Also I have put a couple of perspex windows in the plate and
mounted the two fuel filters above for inspection from below the plate
without necessity to remove anything. VIZ:- no fuel spillage when clamping
the fuel lines on removal of the filters for cleaning goes into the cockpit,
either. !
 G-PTAG has now completed 6 hours and 15 take offs and landings of it's 15
hour test schedule. We managed a 5 minute climb above  80 kts and continued
climbing at 70 kts with temps all stable. Still a little work to do to
encourage hot air out of the cowl  but have a plan for this.
Will revert with some more reliable info' as soon as available.
Regards
Bob Harrison -PTAG