RE: Fuel low level warning.

Subject: RE: Fuel low level warning.
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 09:37:20

>My header tank is painted black.  in the hangar I have no problem with the
>low level warning light coming on with the tank full.  when I pulled the fox
>out into the sun today, the low level warning light came on.  I suspect that
>light is being introduced into the header tank by the clear (but slightly
>yellow) vent line to the right tank that had the sun on it.
>
>Has anyone experienced this?  How did you solve it.

  When using the opto-reflective liquid level sensors, stray
  light will always be an issue. Most of the applications I
  designed for in the past were metalic or bladder tanks
  and external lights were not a problem. In cases where we
  did have to address the issue, a baffle or other shade
  over the sensor tip was useful. One sensor I built had the
  cone tip of the sensor surrounded by a black anodized cup
  drilled with small holes. Liquid could get in to trip the
  sensor but light was restricted.

     Bob . . .
     ( Knowing about a thing is different than  )
     ( understanding it. One can know a lot     )
     ( and still understand nothing.            )
     (                     C.F. Kettering       )
           http://www.aeroelectric.com