Electronic ignition -

Subject: Electronic ignition -
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 09:42:31

> I have Klaus's system on the bottom plugs on my 0-320 EZ and during a
recent
>jug off inspection We were pleased to find that side of the piston and rings
>were much cleaner than the top, almost polished. I have fine wire plugs on
>the top.I had much better luck w/ the plasma system then the mag. IE no
>maintenance to the plasma and 2 overhauls to the mag. Next mag o/h will not
>happen,I'll go to another plasma.

  I think this is a good move. Some builders I've spoken with
  are eager to jerk off both mags and put on electronics. 90%+
  of your performance gains are with the first electronic
  ignition. Since you PAID for two mags and/or the discount
  for not getting mags is not equal to their replacment cost,
  consider putting on one electronic igntion. Run one mag util
  it barfs. Put the other mag back on and run it to belly-up
  time . . . THEN put on the second electronic.

     Bob . . .
     ( Knowing about a thing is different than  )
     ( understanding it. One can know a lot     )
     ( and still understand nothing.            )
     (                     C.F. Kettering       )
           http://www.aeroelectric.com