RE: Upholstery: Seat comfort

Subject: RE: Upholstery: Seat comfort
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 11:11:13
Sorry Chaps to repeat everyone's notes but I had deleted the two
Subject to the height of intended pilot and passengers I intend using
the foam 'sit upon' and backing from a BMW latest series 3 , E36 seats
recovered and set on to 2" of Dynafoam. The back rest may need to be shortened
a little to facilitate sitting on the europa 'head rest' area prior to lowering
yourself into the seat. They are pretty difficult to
get though , but I got a couple of severly damaged seats through one of the
National car wrecking services  for =A380 including TNT delivery .
Principle behind all this is that my Volvo seat is a real pain in the A.....se!

but I can do 150 miles in the wife's BM without a move or a jiffle !!! What
point rigging up for a really efficient cruise then having to land for a rest
every other hour !!!????
I've stripped the seats and it will be quite easy to sew new fabric to
the templates of the original material . That is if you are unlucky enough
to get a pair of seats like me where the fabric is rotten !!!
Hope this helps. Wish someone would help with this bloody sanding !!!!
Regards

Bob Harrison. 337 G-PTAG