Upholstery: Seat comfort

Subject: Upholstery: Seat comfort
From: Alan D Stewart <alan.stewart@cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:46:04

A seemingly trivial matter this, but it can cause some distress !

During some longer cross-country trips which I've embarked on recently,
my
passengers and I have experienced the progressive development of a
rather
dull ache in the muscles of the gluteal region (polite description !),
due
principally to the lack of support provided by my standard seat
cushions.

Save for putting on a significant amount of weight (which would no doubt

affect climb performance), I was wondering if anyone had found a
practical
solution to this problem ?

Ideally, firm but flexible foam plastic seat bases of variable thickness
(depending on
passenger body length) would raise the head to within an inch of the
canopy,
and make the longer trips significantly more comfortable.

Any "combat proven" techniques ? The cheaper the better !

PS. The new 'Lockyears Farm Strip Guide' is out now. It includes some
fields in
Scotland. Well worth owning a copy,  in my opinion.

--
Alan. D. Stewart

14 Goddard Way                     'phone : +44 1245 264186
Chelmer Village                    work   : +44 1473 607571
Chelmsford, Essex CM2 6UR          email  : alan.stewart@cableinet.co.uk

            office email :  alan.d.stewart@bt.com