Re: Angle drills

Subject: Re: Angle drills
From: Kenneth Whiteley <kenwhit@kenwhit.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 00:25:47
 <4.1.19990311001954.0091a100@post.avnet.co.uk>

In message <4.1.19990311001954.0091a100@post.avnet.co.uk>, Graham
Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk> writes
> It seems crazy to spend
>>this much on a one-off job.   Has anybody any ideas?   Can the job be done
>bought last Sun & Fun. Short run up to Tobermory? I was lucky and bought a
>second hand air angle drill with collets. I often wonder how I ever managed
>without it.
>BTW building airplanes is addictive. Maybe just so you can use all the

The need for a right-angled drill is far from a one off requirement for
building a Europa. In the case of the flap hinges, not only does it need
to be at right angles but it also needs to have the axis no more than
about 10 mm from the wing surface. I bought a new Dessouter air drill
like Graham describes. They are horrendously expensive, but are a dream
to use.
Ken Whiteley