Re: Re: Hobbs Meter

Subject: Re: Re: Hobbs Meter
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:27:11
Martin,
I had the same problem and simply arranged a sub miniature lever operated
microswitch (Maplin) connected to the throttle to provide the earth
connection for the hour meter - which has it's positive connected to the
instrument bus. As soon as the throttle is opened slightly the hour meter
is turned on - O.K. it doesn't record tickover time but it does represent a
cheap and foolproof solution.
Roger Mills
C/N 141
----------
> From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
> Subject: Re: Hobbs Meter
> Date: 03 October 1998 01:05
>
> Re: Hobbs Meter
>
> You can tell I'm working through the instrument panel  .... another
> question ...
>
> I have a Hobbs meter, the installation diagrams of which show connection
> the ignition switch or via an oil pressure switch. I have a standard
> ignition switch, i.e. put the key in and turn for 'Left', 'Right', 'Both'
> and 'Start'.
>
> Can't see how you could attach the Hobbs to the ignition switch as the
Mag