Re: Re: Hobbs Meter

Subject: Re: Re: Hobbs Meter
From: James Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 09:49:48

> Re: Hobbs Meter

> Not having an oil pressure switch (yet) I'm just wondering if one can be
> used on the Rotax engine - is it electrical or mechanical? (is it
attached
> to the oil return line somewhere). I'd like to know before I buy one.
>
> Unusually, none of the Bingelis books cover this point.
>
> Any comments on what others have done would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin Tuck

There is a provision for a pressure switch on the Rotax.  I seem to
remember it is on the oil pump body directly opposite the oil pressure
sender. A simple pressure switch as fitted to auto's would probably do, or
you can buy one from Aircraft & Spruce.  The switch is electrical, but
operated by the oil pressure acting on a diaphragm.  You can take the
supply from any suitably fused circuit that becomes live when the master is
on.

Jim Naylor

G - BVLV