Re: Re: Hobbs Meter

Subject: Re: Re: Hobbs Meter
From: Loontus@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 21:43:24
In a message dated 10/2/98 8:11:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
102034.2747@compuserve.com writes:
<<  Not having an oil pressure switch (yet) I'm just wondering if one can be
 used on the Rotax engine - is it electrical or mechanical? (is it attached
 to the oil return line somewhere). I'd like to know before I buy one.
  Unusually, none of the Bingelis books cover this point.
  Any comments on what others have done would be appreciated.
  Regards, Martin Tuck, N152MT, Wichita, Kansas >>

Here's an idea.  I would use an oil pressure switch as from my Austin Marina's
emission system (not the idiot light, the one for the bypass valve).  It is
closed as long as there IS oil pressure thereby powering the Hobbs.
        Dave Faust