Re: More questions ??

Subject: Re: More questions ??
From: JohnJMoran <JohnJMoran@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 12:51:54

Hi Graham,

> sealing the firewall rudder crosstube holes is best done by keeping them
> behind the firewall.

Seems there may be a terminology tangle on the question of sealing the rudder
pedal tubes where they pass through the inside of the footwell. In the manual
on page 23-2 it suggests sealing these slots since this is also the firewall.
My method seems a tad complex and I was wondering how others did it.

Is it your feeling that sealing isn't necessary here because the stainless
sheet forms the firewall forward of the rudder tubes?   My concern  is that
air could pass through this opening from the tunnel perhaps bringing in CO
while also freezing my feet; are these valid concerns or is the flow out from
the cockpit to the tunnel? Should these slots be left open so air can exit
here? I still don't understand the Europa's ventilation system -- I  rashly
assumed the pressure on the lower side of the fuselage would be higher than
the pressure inside which may well not be the case.    Any insight you can
provide would be helpful.

Regards,   John            A044