Re: Re:FLYING, exhaust pipe fracture in flight

Subject: Re: Re:FLYING, exhaust pipe fracture in flight
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 18:14:57
>> Those glider guys who had their wings re-gelcoated
because of crazing or cracking report that often the performance of their
ships is worse than before their spending of over $10,000!<<

Some of the guys claiming to be expert at profiling glider wings are maybe
not so ex as they spert they are! As you say it's the leading edge that is
crucial, then it's down to surface waviness. The underside is just as
important as the top, something we tend to forget. Maybe because we don't
see it si much.
Graham