Re: Compute bis'

Subject: Re: Compute bis'
From: Marc Trudeau <MCTrudeau@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:20:40
Ron,

WinZip from PK Software can extract MIME encoded files, as well as
compressed files, separating the attached file from the header message,
when you drop the downloaded file on the WinZip icon. PK distributes the
software on the Web for $30, although I'm not sure of the URRL.

Best regards,

Marc
__________________________________
<<Ron,

The problem you are seeing is associated with the fact that quite a few
members are now using MIME encoded messages. If you mail package can't
handle
MIME encoding or if the sender has set their mail system up to send the
MIME
as an attachment to the mail (default setting on Explorer, MSMail, Exchange

and Outlook) then you mail system will show an attachment.

As far as I am aware, no one in the last few months has sent an email
message
with a deliberate attachment so all of the messages you are seeing with
attachments are actually in this bracket.

My email system scans for viruses and no email message posted to this gorup

has ever had an attachment with a virus.

All I can suggest is that you either change to a more recent mail system
(Pegasus or Zmail for example) or just ignore the attachments unless
somebody
specifically states that they have enclosed an attachment.

Tony>>