Re: Stall Warning

Subject: Re: Stall Warning
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 08:42:16
I've had a word with Russ Light (Sherwood ranger) about his solid state
stall warner -which is perfect for the Europa. At present he is swamped by
putting his kitplane into production (and it does fly beautifully) but says
that he has completed the production design stages on the stall warner, and
will turn his attention to it soon. I can't divulge exactly how it works,
but all you see is a small 1/2" square pressure sensor on the leading edge
-taped on, on the Ranger protoype, but it will be mounted in a small
adjusting plate buried in the LE skin on the real thing. It can be stand
alone, or hooked up to a light or feed a signal into your headsets....
Expected cost -under 100 sobs.

I'll be pressing him to get on with it (yep, I want one) but he might be
looking for someone to try out the production prototype on a flying
aeroplane -ones being built are, ahem, plentiful. Are you there Graham?

See you at Cranfield.

Miles