Re: Sheathing the Rudder Cables & Fin Rudder

Subject: Re: Sheathing the Rudder Cables & Fin Rudder
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 08:42:14

>Where do you get the rudder cable sheathing from? I've tried Tom Johnson
>near Gaydon who makes them up for Pegasus, amongst others, but he can only
>source teflon lined outers that will accept 2.0mm dia cables max at
>present, although he is actively trying other suppliers.
>
>As our rudder cables are 2.6mm dia, any help would be appreciated.

Venhill Engineering
21 Ranmore rd,
Dorking,
Surrey RH4 1HE
01306 885111 fx 740535

According to the '94 catalogue, they do 2.67 and 2.92 bore teflon liners:
beware of other types ie. acetyl liners...
they also do a range of ferrules, adjusters, reducing bushes, rubber
adjuster boots, stainless/teflon hydraulic hose and fittings, and lots of
other motorcycle gear.

It may be worthwhile buying some of ther stock in bulk (say a 10M roll) in
which case I'll be up for a share...

Hope this helps,

Miles