RE: Jabiru

Subject: RE: Jabiru
From: Eddie Hatcher <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 14:15:16
>Have you heard anything about the 6 cylinder Jabiru? It has been mentioned
several times in the press over here but, like an airworthy Zoche diesel, we
wait with baited breath. From what has been said this could be a real
winner. Figures of 120hp at a weight around not much more than the 912 have
been mentioned. Imagine one of those with a warp drive VP prop up front!

>Tony

I was told at Popham, by the Jabiru rep. that it would be probably about 2
years before the 6 cylinder was completed, but that will be retro-fittable
(excuse the English) into the mounts for the 4 cylinder. Mind you, at the
rate we are building, we will get the 20 cylinder turbo with knobs on
version :-)

We too, have put the leading edge cores onto the spar, and have completed
the lay-ups (both wings) and also the bid brackets. I have to say, it has
come out quite well considering the shape of the cores when we uncovered
them. A feeling of satisfaction and relief is the order of the day.

And on that note, I was told by one of the builders to put the mass balances
for the ailerons on upside down to allow for their full movement. Apparently
some builders have had them hit the underside of the above surface resulting
in less than full travel on the ailerons. Anyone else know about this ?

Cheers all
////    Eddie Hatcher ////    Kit 279     /////
////    South East London Flying Group    /////
////    bizzarro@easynet.co.uk            /////