Re: landing it :

Subject: Re: landing it :
From: Colin Wray <colin@greench.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 22:30:40
/

> One move may be to take some instruction  in one of the falke family of
> motorgliders .These have a similar layout in all of the ones I have seen.
> Also known as the venture , licence built by slingsby for the air
> training corps. The rate seems to be around 45 - 50 pounds per hour and
> you could do worse than check out their web site - point ya browser at
> york gliding centre. >>

The Europa seems to have two problems, most evident just before take-off and
just after touchdown. Firstly, a slight increase in angle of attack will
cause it to become airborne. Secondly, without the tailwheel firmly on the
ground, it is difficult to hold straight in a cross wind. An uneven surface
compounds these problems. Independent flap control is required - Walter
Binder manages much better with his version. The Falkes do not suffer from
these problems, so would be of limited assistance training wise.

-- Colin