Re: landing it :

Subject: Re: landing it :
From: Kerry Lamb <kerrylamb@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 11:46:51
Watching a U2 take off is interesting...I had wondered about the same thing
with the outriggers dropping off after takeoff.  The answer is they have
wing tip skids - after the pilot has slowed down enough that he can no
longer balance the thing is will settle on one skid or the other.
Discovery Chanel had a good piece in their Wings program that I would
recommend if you can get it.

Kerry
/