Suggestion for Andy

Subject: Suggestion for Andy
From: tonyk@kaon.co.nz by way of Moira Millar <moira@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 07:31:21
Andy,

I was pondering the attachment of the trim tab to the stabilator last night
and was wondering why there was a gap at the
root between the trim tab and the stabilator when the trim tab is in the
lowered position. If only for aesthetic reasons and
to dispel much puzzlement for a first time builder I think it would be
better to bring the leading edge right to the root.

Can I suggest that Step 8 on Page 4-16 has the first line changed to....

"Remove the TP3 foam as far back as the triangular hole before the trim tab."

You can then procede with the trim tab excision. Layup the leading edge of
the trim tab right to the root.

Cut out the foam from the trim tab root

procede with the trim tab root layup.

Of course this does mean that the root closeout is going to be a real bitch
to accomplish!

As I have already passed this stage I think I will simply lay in a small
curve to match just to match the top of the leading
edge.

By the way, you can view my builders log at
http://www.kaon.co.nz/europa/272index.html if you want to see how a first time
Europa builder approaches construction from day to day.

Regards

Tony

Date: 10/07/96
Time: 09:31:14

This message was sent by Z-Mail Pro - from NetManage
NetManage - delivers Standards Based IntraNet Solutions