Re: SV: Europa-List: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:11:02
A relevant question while we are on the subject.

My tank dates from 2003.  Everything is in and I am planning to close the
fuselage.  I have understood that once filled (except for the comments
about the aux tank) with fuel it's better to leave the tank full.

However I would like to check the fuel system for two reasons, one to check
that it all works and the other is that if it does split I am thinking that
the major surgery will be easier without the top on.

Is it a good idea to do this before closure bearing in mind that it will
take be another 18 months (ha!) before flying?....or should I just hope for
the best?

thanks

Will

William Daniell