Re: Europa-List: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod

Subject: Re: Europa-List: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod
From: spcialeffects <spcialeffects@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 13:41:50

Hello stephan. Well I put off bonding in my cockpit module because of this very
subject as it seemed that quite a few reports of tanks splitting we're emerging
just as I was about to bond in my tank. I filled my tank with fuel for 6 months
prior to bonding it in and yes it does swell by quite abit but I think this
is not only due to fuel getting into the actual material but the weight of
the fuel. What I gathered from everything I read was that the tanks were
splitting
due to being bonded into the module tight against the cockpit wall this giving
the tank no we're to swell once filled with fuel. I made a cradle for the
tank to sit in and bonded that to the cockpit so my tank is actually "floating"
in place. I will post a few pics later. Hope that helps. Frank

Read this topic online here: