Re: Europa-List: Aileron hinge wear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aileron hinge wear
From: Jan de Jong <jandejong@casema.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:05:40

Email address of Gary Hall does not work.
 From the Cozy list archive I understand that the parts can be procured
---From McMasterCarr:
teflon sleeve: 5335K17, ID 0.066" (1.6764 mm), wall 0.012", OD 0.090"
(2.286 mm), $2.30 per 10 feet
pin: 7972A261, 1/16" (1.5875 mm), $17.60 forr 32 lengths of 3 feet
McMasterCarr does not ship overseas anymore so a US builder might
intermediate.
The diameters are smaller than the ones you mention Graham, but more
likely to be correct?
Could it be that you have larger hinges than MS20001?
I measure hinge ID of MS20001 at about 1.8 or 1.9 mm, regular pin OD at
about 1.5 or 1.6 mm.
Inserting the teflon sleeve proposed above will be a stretch already.
A question also arises concerning the pin proposed above - diameter
seems rather similar to that of the regular pin.
Jan de Jong