Re: Europa-List: Aileron hinge wear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aileron hinge wear
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:12:50
Svein,
Interesting to hear you concern. When I was building my 'Classic' about
9 years ago now I was with Kim Prout
in LA, USA looking at his finished aircraft. His father was there also,
retired aerodynamicist with McDonnell Douglas, and
his comment regarding the aileron was there was a definite need for an
extra middle hinge located slightly closer to the inner hinge.
I incorporated this straight away and there has been no flexibility you
talk of, nor wear.
So your additional third hinge is needed and should solve your problem.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street