Europa-List: Re: the Obsidian Files - So Much Noise!!!

Subject: Europa-List: Re: the Obsidian Files - So Much Noise!!!
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 18:04:22

Today I finally had a chance to get a longer flight in. It's hard to say how
much
improvement the install of the sound deadening material on the air box has
on the internal noise. But there is certainly improvement!! The flight today was
very pleasant and more enjoyable. But what really struck me is that, as A51
experienced, I had to lower the intercom volume quite a bit since it felt too
loud. Same thing when I was playing music as I generally do. So, even though
I can still hear relatively high frequency sound, but maybe less, it seems that
overall there is a reduction in noise.

But, I have to admit this is all just based on perception. It is indeed hard to
quantify the change. But I have to say that despite the increase in weight, it
is a keeper.

On a different note: I finished rebuilding my spray booth and getting closer to
starting the painting process. I will hold off taking the airplane apart this
week to see if I fly it to Sun n Fun but by next weekend it will come apart so
no more flying until it is done. I also have a couple of pending jobs I want
to perform on the airframe.

Chris

Read this topic online here: