Europa-List: Considering a few mods. Opinions?

Subject: Europa-List: Considering a few mods. Opinions?
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 18:23:35

Dear Europa Friends,

Since my airplane is coming apart for painting, I wanted to implement the
cockpit
widening mod 67. Any negative experiences with doing this? I think it would
help increase the comfort of the airplane as I notice that after a x-country
flight my left arm hurts a little from rubbing on the door frame.

Since the door will be worked on I am going to change the gas strut attach point
(my door was already built with the old style attach point). I know this is
basically a must although the current configuration has worked OK.

At last, anyone has any experience with installing a monowheel wheel pant? I
have
a kit for that and was thinking about installing the front part only. I am
not doing it for the speed as I know the wheel is basically blocked by the
cowling's
exhaust but I think it could help seal the wheel well better and possibly
reduce turbulent air getting into it (noise).

Chris

Read this topic online here: