Re: Europa-List: Trim setting question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trim setting question
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 21:01:28

Indeed I remember that question back in the day! :-)

Now i understand why ;-)

Thx!
PeteZ

> On Dec 27, 2021, at 8:54 PM, Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>

> Pete,
>
> To answer your question ....... yes.
>
> The thing that intrigues me is not the fact that nose down trim is needed
> because
that is quite normal but the fact that it needs so much nose down trim.

> A few years ago I asked the question on this list ........ why is the
> trim/antiservo
tab always displaced so far upwards in cruise (nose down)?  I asked this
because I observed it in many photos of Europas taken in flight on an angle
---From which the trim tab could be observed.

> It must cause considerable drag I would think!
>
> Cheers
> Kingsley in Oz
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 27 Dec 2021, at 3:48 am, Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>>

>> Curious:  My CG is a reasonable 60.86" yet I find that my trim is generally
set quite far down in most phases of flight (and never nose up trim).