Re: Europa-List: Trim setting question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trim setting question
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 11:52:03
Hello Pete,

I=99m at a loss to understand how the tailplane incidence can be set w
ith a fully flying tailplane.  Is there an explanation please?

Best regards
Your antipodean cousin
Kingsley

Sent from my iPhone

> On 27 Dec 2021, at 9:10 pm, Peter Jeffers <pjeffers02@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB
> Just remember that during build you are allowed a tolerance of round about
 1 degree in the tail plane incidence. This is enough to change your trim se
ttings for any particular situation. It will also explain differences betwee
n various aeroplanes.
> Pete J
>
>> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021, 13:53 Bud Yerly, <budyerly@msn.com> wrote:
>>

>> Get Outlook for Android

akeoff to cruise it is all down trim.

>> Your CG is a bit farther aft so more down trim is needed in some cases as
 the incidence of the wing is roughly 2.5 degrees nose down trim is needed a
s speed increases

>> Happy Holidays,
>>
>> Bud Yerly

ng, with the indicator also at neutral - so it appears the stab is not lined
 up with the fuse moulding in flight. I find that odd.

>> Cheers and Merry Christmas!
>>
>> PeteZ
>>

>> On Dec 25, 2021, at 4:21 PM, timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> =EF=BBHi Pete,
>>
>> I have exactly the same issue but can live with it. Altering it is a real
 gymnastic exercise with space available and spanners!

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> Tim Ward
>>
>> 12 Waiwetu Street,
>>
>> Fendalton,
>>
>> Christchurch, 8052
>>
>> New Zealand.
>>
>> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
>>
>> 021 0640221
>>

>> On 26/12/2021, at 8:49 AM, Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> =EF=BB
>>
>> Curious:  My CG is a reasonable 60.86" yet I find that my trim is general
ly set quite far down in most phases of flight (and never nose up trim).