Re: Europa-List: Mod 53

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 53
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 19:11:05
<<Francis had some issue with it that I have forgotten.>>

The issue was that there was nothing to prevent the tank being refilled while it
was still inside the a/c. I think David agreed a long connecting spout so that
the fuel nozzle could be outside during refuelling. David?

Duncan McF.

> On 29 September 2021 at 11:06 Brian Davies <brian.davies44@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     For UK owners, I am not sure the LAA ever approved the use of the Mod 53
Long Range Tank Mod.  Francis had some issue with it that I have forgotten.  It
is not listed as an approved manufacturer mod in the current TADS.  I still
have a brand new/unused tank - open to offers!

>     Brian Davies
>
>     On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 10:49 AM <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
> mailto:davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk > wrote:
>
>         > >
> >         I fitted it on my plane and used it on various long distant trips
> > including
the Dawn to dusk Challenge I did with my son (newly diagnosed with MND/ALS
) back in 2010, where we visited all 119 islands named on the UK 1/2 mill
charts and covered  a bit over 1700nm in a day at speed with 3 stops. Worked
perfectly.