Europa-List: Re: 914 draining coolant and changing coolant lines

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 914 draining coolant and changing coolant lines
From: JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 00:40:53

Jerry,
Rotax thought about draining the system and included a drain in the coolant pump
housing which is very useful.... when the engine is on a bench and the rear
of the engine is accessible!

I devised my own method which takes a little more time but avoids the mess. I
use
a large syringe, the bigger the better and a piece of silicon tubing which
I use to empty the expansion tank on top of the engine, I then insert the tube
down the coolant return hose 10/15 cm 4/6" and suck it out with the syringe.
Once you have lowered the coolant level below the expansion tank remove the
return
hose from the tank and insert the tube all the way down to the radiator and
empty the system.
A small quantity of coolant remains at the low points of the engine but its
manageable
with an absorbant rag to catch the drops.

John

--------
Europa mono Nr 192

Read this topic online here: