Europa-List: Re: 914 draining coolant and changing coolant lines

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 914 draining coolant and changing coolant lines
From: Griffo <scangriffin@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 20:53:21

rehn@rockisland.com wrote:

> > Thanks everyone, all helped, I managed to pump most of coolant out through
the return line at the spider.

> Almost done, have top lines left to do tomorrow. My old silicone lines were
> all
still in good shape and replacing with new silicone.  Glad this is not a project
that comes around too often!Thanks again for all the help!
> Jerry

It may be  just a little weird but I actually enjoy servicing my engine - the
bigger
(more complicated) the better.

I dont understand - you pumped out the coolant with the hoses you were going to
remove/replace in situ - why?

Just wondering why you go to the additional expense of installing "silicone
lines"
every 5 years when ordinary high quality rubber  hose would be cheaper and
perform the same service (or is this a 914 specific requirement?)

--------
46

Read this topic online here: