Europa-List: Re: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS
From: Peter pender <ppen@live.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 20:06:31

Hi Chris,

The SL that I referred Griffo to back in your other post states the you should
have 5200 rpm min at take off WOT. It doesn't say what part of TO. It also
doesn't
mention any thing about static revs in regard prop pitch. They now have a
sort of power chart as well but once again, pretty vague.

Pete is probably correct that it doesn't help the gearbox but I think the main
reason is to protect the crankshaft. That SL came out after a crash where an
aircraft
with an inflight adjustable prop had been operated for some time at too
low revs for the MAP.

Prior to that most people tried for 4900 to 5000 at TO for a bit of cruise
performance
and I'm sure a lot of people still do.

It's really what ever people feel comfortable with.

Cheers Peter

Read this topic online here: