Europa-List: Re: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS
From: Griffo <scangriffin@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 16:19:45

Word of caution;

Its my opinion that airframe/propeller manufacturers want to optimise  sales
(particularly
in the highly competitive sport aircraft market). They will happily
compromise engine servile life to do this.

On the other hand, engine manufactures (Rotax) want to preserve the service life
of the engine and will set perimeters that have a good chance of achieving this.

Again, in my opinion, the (Rotax) engine operating perimeters should transcend
anything being put out by the airframe or propeller manufacturers.

Follow the Rotax recommendations for static and max rpm time limits. Set your
engine
to work between these limits and you wont go far wrong. If this does not
meet your operational requirements - invest in an in flight adjustable
propeller.

--------
46

Read this topic online here: