Re: Europa-List: Re: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 09:28:03
To respond to your original question, attached is some recent speed data. It's
a bit 'all over the place' if plotted.

Duncan McF
> On 24 April 2021 at 05:15 n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I did continue my research (learning was after all the intent of this posting)
and found a Rotax SL-912-016 which does state that WOT operation during takeoff
should not result in an RPM lower than 5200 RPM. In light of this new factual
information I will say please do follow this recommendation.

> But I will say this openly: I didn't buy a certified airplane, instead I
> choose
to build an experimental Europa and, at least in the US, that means that it
is my responsibility to determine what are the operational parameters that will
result in safe operation but also in the performance I expected to achieve
---From this aircraft. Google "LongEZ N295JF" (Race 25) and I think you will
understand
where I come from.

> Sadly, we do live in a litigious society and having open discussions in public
forums regarding the essence of what experimental aviation is about is dangerous
business so I will desist right now from doing that. I will share any factual
info I find such as the one presented above or in the previous postings but
it is up to each individual to decide what to do with that info. Really sad.

> But I still would be interested in receiving information regarding RPM/MAP and
speed for your 912 ULS monowheel as originally intended.