Europa-List: Re: Vents

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Vents
From: Griffo <scangriffin@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 04:28:07

I am looking for a flying Europa to purchase, so have little Europa specific
information
to give you however my current aircraft, an ATEC Zephyr, has NACA vents,
on each side of the cockpit, just aft of the firewall - they perform very
well.  I will have to measure them to be sure but at a guess they are
approximately
100 mm wide x 120 mm long. This suggests to me that your problem is not
the vent (assuming correct design) but their location and/or possible alignment
in relation to airflow  I think you have probably worked this out already.

Soooo perhaps tufting of possible locations to show air flow/direction but as
you
wont be able to see how they move, a camera mounted on the wing might just
get the information you need for best placement/alignment.
As for size  check out http://www.ansoneng.com/

--------
46

Read this topic online here: