Re: Europa-List: Re: Vents

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Vents
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 10:12:15

I found that small NACA vents in the standard position didn't flow any air at
all,
without the addition of a VG in front of the vent (after which the vent makes
a blast, and is quite noisy too).
Which suggests there's a bubble forming at the aft edge of the cowling. But I've
not been able to detect a bubble using oil-streak.
Perhaps there's a Reynolds number limitation on how NACA vents work??

Duncan McF.
> On 26 March 2021 at 00:04 Griffo <scangriffin@bigpond.com.au> wrote:
>

> Nice work KJ.
>
> I am surprised that the NACA vents do not deliver copious quantities of fresh
air

> I live in Australia (very hot) and have always found them to be very effective
when made to correct dimensions , located appropriately and sized -