Re: Europa-List: Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling
From: Mike Christine Duane <DuaneFamly@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 06:25:09

Nicely done. Stiffening the sill is a very good thing.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 13, 2021, at 9:23 PM, Fred Klein <freddythek10@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In addition to concealing wires heading aft, I wanted to stiffen the door
> sill;
I used a quarter round section cut from plastic pipe as a mold using 3 layers
of BIDfore and aft of the sill, I used a half round pipe as a mold using  layers
of BIDas a transition, I carved and sanded a piece of foam as a mold, overlade
w/ 2 layers of BID as a transition which I secure w/ a few dabs of silicone.

> I did use piece of very lightweight, flexible 3/4 irrigation pipe to conceal
wires leading to an overhead console; pipe was wrapped with 3 layers of BID to
stiffen the roll bar, fwiwall in all, tidy enough.