Europa-List: door assembly sequence

Subject: Europa-List: door assembly sequence
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 10:19:27

Ive got the doors hinged and fitting nicely, with the shoot bolts etc all
operating
in a pleasing fashion.

The manual gives the next step as fitting the seals, then the glazing and
finally
the gas struts.

Im not sure about fitting the seals before the glazing - Im wondering if the
door
frames are stiff enough on their own to compress the seals sufficiently and
evenly all round.

My instinctive feeling is to fit the glazing first to stiffen the door structure
and then fit the seals.

I welcome any comments about this proposed departure from whats recommended in
the manual. If its a really bad I idea, please tell me!

in friendship

Rowland