Re: Europa-List: Re: Cable securing from instrument board and aft - IDEA

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Cable securing from instrument board and aft - IDEAS???
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 09:05:08
Ron, I like the idea of supporting the sill and anything suggested by
Nev has status second only to utterances by Ivan. Like many mono pilots
I have taken to getting in and out of my plane from in front of the wing
with a phase of sitting on the sill part of the process. over the years
the gel coat below the sill developed longitudinal cracks which might
well have been avoided by an interior section of fibreglass forming a
conduit.

Having said that I am not clear that you actually need conduits in most
parts of the plane. If you are going to line the cockpit with any light
material then wires can simply be stuck neatly in the line under the
sill or wherever and the lining material simply lightly glued over it.
Building light should be high in your priorities.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ (914/WoodcompCS/mono/full panel +autopilot,
initial ready for service weight 833lbs)