Europa-List: Re: Possible Leaking Fuel Tank!

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Possible Leaking Fuel Tank!
From: Mallard <james@kingdom.ie>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 12:33:26

This is an update on my fuel leak for anyone who is interested.

At the weekend an LAA Inspector went to my aircraft and as a result of his
investigation,
he discovered that the Fuel Pipe from the Starboard Sump to the Starboard
Fuel Drain had literally disintegrated at a point where there was an elbow
in the pipe. He described the pipe as having gone very soft, so soft it had
the consistency of Spaghetti & there was a hole in it, through which you could
stick your finger!

My next task is to replace all the Fuel & Coolant Pipes because they haven't
been
replaced since aircraft was built 10 years ago.

Since my aircraft has a 914 engine there is more pipe work than in a 912S.

Has anyone replaced all the Fuel Pipes in a 914 and if so, would you have a
detailed
description of the easiest way to go about the task?

Thanks to all who responded to my original query and to those who may respond
again.

Regards and Happy New Year to everyone.
James

--------