Re: Europa-List: Re: Possible Leaking Fuel Tank!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Possible Leaking Fuel Tank!
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 18:28:59
Wow...where does one find a tool like that!?
Pete C-GNPZ

> On Jan 12, 2021, at 6:00 PM, Steve Ivell <SteveIvell@pestproof.co.uk> wrot
e:

> =EF=BB
> Hi James
>
> You only have an extra oil line to the turbo so it's virtually the same jo
b as a 912.

> Make sure you get some long reach pipe clamp wrench. It makes the job much
 easier.

> Also don't be afraid to remove the intake manifolds of the top of the engi
ne. They are sealed by rubber o rings so no gaskets to worry about.

ronics.com> on behalf of Mallard <james@kingdom.ie>
> Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 8:33:26 PM
> To: europa-list@matronics.com <europa-list@matronics.com>
> Subject: Europa-List: Re: Possible Leaking Fuel Tank!
>

> This is an update on my fuel leak for anyone who is interested.
>
> At the weekend an LAA Inspector went to my aircraft and as a result of his
 investigation, he discovered that the Fuel Pipe from the Starboard Sump to t
he Starboard Fuel Drain had literally disintegrated at a point where there w
as an elbow in the pipe. He described the pipe as having gone very soft, so s
oft it had the consistency of Spaghetti & there was a hole in it, through wh
ich you could stick your finger!

> My next task is to replace all the Fuel & Coolant Pipes because they haven
't been replaced since aircraft was built 10 years ago.

> Since my aircraft has a 914 engine there is more pipe work than in a 912S.

> Has anyone replaced all the Fuel Pipes in a 914 and if so, would you have a
 detailed description of the easiest way to go about the task?