Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables with solid inner (piano wire)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables with solid inner (piano wire)
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 10:54:00

Hello Jerry,

Do you stutter mate? Just joking . . . . . your post came through seven
times on the list!

Since only one cable was frayed, I suspect the TH03 fitting was binding
on the sleeve on which it should pivot freely. This would cause the
fitting to flex the cable at the end of the crimp as it appears it has
done. I further imagine that in cold countries like yours that after a
winter lay-up, any grease on the fitting could become quite sticky and
may well be the culprit.

Best regards
Kingsley