Europa-List: Throttle cables with solid inner (piano wire)

Subject: Europa-List: Throttle cables with solid inner (piano wire)
From: erichdtrombley@juno.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 09:24:22
Kingsley,

I used solid stainless steel Bowden wire, .078" diameter.  As I did my own
firewall forward I purchased bicycle cable, removed the twisted wire and
inserted the solid Bowden wire.  Regarding the connection to the throttle
lever, I used AN111 Cable bushings as pictured below.  Both items were
purchased from Aircraft Spruce.  Simply bend the end of the Bowden cable
around the bushing forming a closed question mark (?) and secure it with
Redux or JB Weld.  Attach the cable to the throttle lever as per the Europa
instructions.  17+ years of trouble free operation.  Works a treat.

Regards,

Erich

N28ET Classic Mono 914